Councilman – Ward 5
- City Council is the legislative branch of government. It carries out duties in accordance with the Home Rule Charter and the laws of the state, and is primarily responsible for making laws which govern the City of Fairview Park.*
- Unanimously appointed in 2014 to fill the vacant position
- Elected 2015 – current
Fairview Park Chamber of Commerce Business Person of the Year 2016
Southwest Regional Business Advisory Council Member – 2018/19 School Year
- Successor organization to Business Advisory Council
- Purpose: Business advisory councils foster cooperation among schools, businesses and the communities they serve. This work ensures that the work of educators aligns with the needs of businesses. This cooperation can make a local education system more aware of the local labor market; promote work- based experiences within businesses; and help students prepare for successful learning and employment opportunities.Business advisory councils include regional business leaders who are familiar with business and industry needs. Members partner with district leaders to plan and carry out the council’s work. *
Business Advisory Council (Fairview Park Schools) 2008-2012
- Organization works with local business leaders to connect the business community with the schools
- Many programs were run through this organization, including teacher of the year and the Realtor Conference described below
- Organization changed/closed in 2012 until restarted as the Southwest Regional Business Advisory Board (see below)
Master Plan Steering Committee (2012)
- PURPOSE: Since 1999, a comprehensive Master Plan has been used to focus the goals and aspirations of the city and the community toward continued, significant improvements in Fairview Park. This Master Plan, as well as its 2005 and 2013 updates, acted as a foundation and blueprint, guiding Fairview Park’s growth from within. *
- On the steering committee as Representative of the Chamber of Commerce
Fairview Park Chamber of Commerce (Member over 10 years)
- Past Board member
- Business Person of the Year 2016
- Started the Business Showcase in the City to encourage Business to Retail relationships
West Shore Rotary – Member since January 2010
- Rotary is a global network of 1.2 million neighbors, friends, leaders, and problem-solvers who see a world where people unite and take action to create lasting change – across the globe, in our communities, and in ourselves.*
- Locally: We give $1,500 scholarships to High School Seniors; We give RYLA scholarships to High School Juniors, We sponsor a Youth Challenge student. Plus many more items
- West Shore Rotary – Covers – Fairview Park, North Olmsted, West Park
- Past President
- Paul Harris Fellow
- Assisted in passing out dictionaries to the 3rd grade classes of Fairview Park, as well as St. Angela Merici.
Saint Angela PTC (Parent Teacher Connection)
- Treasurer 2016/17 school year
St. Angela Merici Parishioner since 2005
St Angela Merici – St. Isidore Tech Team
- Chairperson 2014/15
- Tech Team worked with the school to keep the technology of the school up to date, as well as give recommendations on current and future needs
Junior Achievement in Fairview Park
- Junior Achievement is a volunteer-delivered K-12 grade program, to foster work-readiness, entrepreneurship, and financial literacy.
- Starting around 2009, and running for a few years, Angelo worked with the schools to teach entrepreneurship through the Junior Achievement Program in the Fairview Park school, while recruiting other business and community members to volunteer as well.
Realtor Conference (2011,12,14)
- This conference was started to try and educate realtors about our city. By educating Realtors about our community, the group, lead by Angelo, believed Realtors would be more likely to show houses in our community to Buyers who may not have previously considered it.
- Done in conjunction with Mayor and Superintendent of Schools (and many staff members)
- Angelo taught a free Continuing Education Class to Realtors as an incentive for them to attend.
- Mayor and Superintendent gave tours of the city and provided lunch.
Coached Recreational Soccer at the Gemini Center – 2 years
FPFATA – Fairview Park Fine Arts and Theatre Association – Member/helped draft organizational docs
Forward Fairview – Liaison, member.
- Purpose and other descriptions are copied from organization public websites